If you only buy one book about creating your vision, I recommend Give Your Dream a Plan by Barbara Richards. This is the most comprehensive manual I know of to help you envision a business that speaks to your heart and soul, as well as guide you in business and finance strategies that will appeal to your inner critic.
Barbara Richards has developed a proven, simple, flexible process—based on her years of experiences as an entrepreneur and coach—to take your deepest desires for your business and help you create a road map for success.
She begins by asking great coaching questions: “What do you really want? If you could design your business exactly the way you want, what would you create?” Most people don’t think in terms of design.
The book is organized around seven questions to help you unlock your potential to create a business on your own terms, and each chapter contains real-life stories, exercises and activities to help you get to work. One of the most popular tools is about harnessing the power of the money map.
This book will teach you how to:
- Uncover your “something special” and make it the cornerstone of your business
- Put the passion back into your life and business
- Tap into your greater vision, and become highly attractive to your best clients
- Discover your most natural, effortless business-building strategies
- Design an inspiring game plan that launches you into doable actions and immediate results
- Transform debilitating resistance, and access a wellspring of energy that will take you where you’re meant to go.
Barbara writes in a warm and engaging style that makes you feel she is personally coaching you. Even though she is speaking to women in this book, the principles and practices apply to men as well. This is an excellent resource for coaches and I recommend this book to my own coaching clients.
Order your copy from Amazon
Disclosure: I created the art and design for this book, but am writing this review independently of any contractual agreement in my role as designer.