How do you improve innovation outcomes in your business?
When design principles are applied to strategy and innovation the success rate for innovation dramatically improves. You don’t have to be a designer to think like one. While learning to be a good designer takes years, you can think like a designer and design the way you lead, manage, create and innovate. A design mindset is not problem-focused, it’s solution focused and action oriented towards creating a preferred future. Design thinking draws upon logic, imagination, intuition, and systemic reasoning, to explore possibilities of what could be—and to create desired outcomes that benefit the end user (the customer).
Experience a step-by-step design thinking process for human-centered innovation
Human-centered innovation puts people first, not technology
- Learn each step of the design process through experiential hands-on learning activities
- Practice the 5 discovery skills required for innovation
- How to uncover your customer’s unmet needs and desires
- Re-frame your customer’s jobs-to-be-done to create desirable innovative solutions
- Prototype solutions, test and refine
- How to turn ideas into action
- Learn how companies such as IBM, SAP and Google Ventures have adopted design thinking to create value for customers
A Framework for Design Thinking
Design methods and techniques include
- How to discover hidden opportunities for innovation
- How to gain insights from stakeholders and customers and frame opportunities
- How to generate ideas using tools and techniques from business, art, and science
- Leverage visual thinking and rapid prototyping to communicate value
- How to apply design thinking methods to your specific business challenges
How to Develop Ideas your Boss and Customers will Love
- Empower creativity and collaboration in cross-functional teams
- Co-create ideas using techniques such as empathy mapping, customer journeys, associational thinking, and building on the ideas of others.
- Prototype your innovative idea as a business-ready concept
- Learn how to use storytelling, imagery, and logical reasoning to communicate your value proposition and get buy-in for your ideas
Cultivate Design Thinking in your Organization
- Develop the mindsets and skill-sets of designers
- Create a common language and framework for design thinking as a strategy for innovation
- Learn practical tools and techniques you can use on the job
- Equip your team with design thinking methods, including: Research, Framing, Ideation, Prototyping, Evaluation and Decision-making for human centered innovation
- Establish rules of engagement in your team to enable co-creation and collaboration
- How to integrate design thinking with your business processes and improve your innovation outcomes
- When NOT to use design thinking
Your customers and stakeholders! Design thinking is an effective means of gaining a competitive advantage in your industry and it’s arguably the best way to make you and your business robot-proof. Learn design thinking principles and practices in the form of workshops and group facilitation. These are designed to guide executives and teams through design thinking processes for innovation.