Use these quotations to inspire new beginnings and get going on your project
- When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they went skipping about and that was the beginning of fairies.
— Sir James Mathiew Barrie ( 1860-1937) Peter Pan, Act 1.
- Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.
— Brené Brown
- No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.
- When there is a start to be made, don’t step over! Start where you are.
– Edgar Cayce
- The master is a beginner who never gave up.
- The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
— Chinese Proverb
- Beginning with audacity is a very great part of the art of painting.
— Winston Churchill.
- Every moment is a fresh beginning.
- The visionary starts with a clean sheet of paper, and re-imagines the world.
- Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
- Begin at the beginning… and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
— Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll 1832-1898
- The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It all begins when the soul would have its way with you.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The great majority of men are bundles of beginnings.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson (1802-1882) Journals
- It is better to begin in the evening than not at all.
— English proverb
- Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.
- Individuality of expression is the beginning and end of all art.
— Johannes Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832) Proverbs in Prose
- We will either find a way, or make one
- No good ending can be expected in the absence of the right beginning.
— I Ching
- The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
—Steve Jobs (from his Stanford Commencement address, June 12, 2005)
- There will come a time when you believe everything is finished; that will be the beginning.
– Louis L’Amour
- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step
— Lao-tsu c. 604-c.531 BC
- In creating, the only hard thing’s to begin; A grass-blade’s no easier to make than an oak.
— James Russell Lowell
- The first beginnings of things cannot be distinguished by the eye.
— Lucretius 99-55 BC On the nature of things
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
—Martin Luther King
- The end is the beginning of all things,
Suppressed and hidden,
Awaiting to be released through the rhythm
Of pain and pleasure.
- True creativity often starts where language ends.
— Arthur Koestler (1905 — 1983) Hungarian-English novelist, essayist The Act of Creation, 1964.
- Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.
— Meister Eckhart
- The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
- Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.
- The births of all things are weak and tender and therefore we should have our eyes intent on beginnings.
— Michel E. Montaigne (1533-1582), Of Managing the Will, Essays
- Daydreams are fertile ground for the imagination. While daydreaming rational thought goes out the window, so new perspectives can find their way in.
— Linda Naiman (Dynamic Graphics Magazine Dec/Jan 03)
- What someone is, begins to be revealed when his talent abates, when he stops showing us what he can do.
— Friedrich Nietzsche
- You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
— Friedrich Nietzsche
- Thoughts give birth to a creative force that is neither elemental nor sidereal. Thoughts create a new heaven, a new firmament, a new source of energy, from which new arts flow. When a man undertakes to create something, he establishes a new heaven.
— Philipus A Paracelsus
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.
— Nido Qubein
- It isn’t all over; everything has not been invented; the human adventure is just beginning.
- It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
— Howard Ruff
- If you want to build a boat, do not instruct the men to saw wood, stitch the sails, prepare the tools and organize the work, but make them long for setting sail and travel to distant lands.
— Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
—George Bernard Shaw
- You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.
- The hardest part is starting. Once you get that out of the way, you’ll find the rest of the journey much easier.
— Simon Sinek
- Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning.
— Igor Stravinsky
- In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few.
— Shunryu Suzuki
- If not you, who? If not now, when?
— The Talmud
- Don’t ask what the world needs. Rather ask — what makes you come alive? Then go and do it! Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
— Howard Thurman
- Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.
— Desmond Tutu
- Throwing away ideas too soon is like opening a package of flower seeds and then throwing them away because they’re not pretty.
— Arthur VanGundy, Ph.D. (Idea Power, 1992)
- Look with favour upon a bold beginning
— Virgil 70-90 BC, Georgics I.L.30
- The beginning is always today.
— Mary Wollstonecraft
Creativity and Innovation Quotes