Who we are
This website is owned by Linda Naiman, founder of Creativity at Work (CAW)
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- We collect personal data, such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address, and transactional data, such as purchase information,
- when you contact CAW using the website contact form,
- when you subscribe to the CAW newsletter,
- and when you make a purchase via CAW.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
Personal data is captured when someone submits a contact form. Contact form submissions are kept indefinatly in the WP database for customer service purposes, but we do not sell the information submitted through them to third parties. You can request your contact info be removed at any time.
Forms Plugins include Gravity Forms and WP Amp,
Contact form data is stored in the CAW WordPress website
Displaying content from external platforms
The Google Analytics terms of service, which all Google Analytics customers must adhere to, prohibit sending personally identifiable information (PII) to Google Analytics. PII includes any data that can be used by Google to reasonably identify an individual, including (but not limited to) names, email addresses, or billing information.
- Google Analytics data may not be shared without customer consent, except under certain limited circumstances, such as when required by law.
- Security-dedicated engineering teams at Google guard against external threats to data. Internal access to data (e.g., by employees) is regulated and subject to the Employee Access Controls and Procedures.
Jetpack + Word Ads: (via https://jetpack.com/support/ads/#privacy)
- We collect and send the following information (made available from the visitor’s browser) to our Demand Partners: IP address, geographical data (derived from the IP address), user agent, operating system, device type, unique user ID (randomly generated identifier), current URL, and IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) interest category.
- Data Retention: Log data (IP address, geographical data, user agent, operating system, device type) is stored for 30 days. The unique user ID is stored in cookies and is retained for 1 year.
- Site Visitors We track ad impressions, video-related events (i.e. pause, mute, 100% plays, etc.) or errors, and ad click events. Various cookies are used for the following purposes: delivering targeted advertisements to specific visitors, storing user identifiers, and collecting anonymous ad platform stats.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
Hosting: provided by WPCloud Inc.
From the WPCloud.ca website:
Owner and Data Controller: This type of service has the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable this Website to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this Website. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
This service utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. WPCloud.ca is a hosting and backend service provided by WPCloud Inc.
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we protect your data
WPcloud monitors & protects CAW 24/7 from hackers & security threats.
What third parties we receive data from
Google Analytics, see above
What automated decision-making and/or profiling we do with user data
Rights of Users
Users have the right to request their personal data collected on this website, be removed at any time.
Founder, Creativity at Work:
804-2181 West 38th Ave, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, V6M 1R8
Affiliate links disclosure
Our website contains Amazon affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Unless stated otherwise, editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5:.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We do not collect any data on behalf of Amazon. Privacy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468496
The information on this Web Site is provided with the understanding that authors and publishers providing information, does not constitute the rendering of medical, professional advice or services. As such, information on this Web Site should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.
Creativity at Work (Web Site) contains links to other web sites and we cannot be held responsible for their content. Creativity at Work is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
By using this Web Site, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Linda Naiman dba Creativity at Work from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to, attorneys’ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that is based on your use of this Web Site in violation of these terms.
Copyright: All content on this site is copyright material, and you may quote brief passges, but you may not copy or distribute entire articles or graphics without the written permission of the publisher.
Linking to our website
You have permission to add a link from creativityatwork.com to your website provided your site meets the following conditions:
Your Site may NOT include:
- Violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Pornography, adult, or mature content
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Any other content that promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
Please do not ask us to exchange links. We do not participate in link schemes designed to increase your site’s ranking or PageRank.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS PLEASE LEAVE THIS SITE. THANK YOU.
Linda Naiman, Creativity at Work