Design Thinking empowers your team to become creative problem-solvers and solution-finders
Learn how to improve your success rate for innovation
When design principles are applied to strategy and innovation the success rate for innovation dramatically improves. You don’t have to be a designer to think like one. While learning to be a good designer takes years, you can think like a designer and design the way you lead, manage, create and innovate.
A design mindset is not problem-focused, it’s solution focused and action-oriented towards creating a preferred future. Design thinking draws upon logic, imagination, intuition, and systemic reasoning, to explore possibilities of what could be—and to create desired outcomes that benefit the end user (the customer).
Design Thinking Training / Workshops:
Experience a step-by-step design thinking process for human-centered innovation
Human-centered innovation puts people first, not technology
- Learn each step of the design thinking process through experiential hands-on learning activities
- Practice the 5 discovery skills required for innovation
- How to uncover your customer’s unmet needs and desires
- Re-frame your customer’s jobs-to-be-done to create desirable innovative solutions
- Prototype solutions, test and refine
- How to turn ideas into action
- Learn how companies such as IBM, SAP and Google Ventures have adopted design thinking to create value for customers
Design methods and techniques include
- How to discover hidden opportunities for innovation
- How to gain insights from stakeholders and customers and frame opportunities
- Brainstorming techniques. How to generate ideas using tools and techniques from business, art, and science
- Leverage visual thinking and rapid prototyping to communicate value
- How to apply design thinking methods to your specific business challenges
How to develop ideas your boss and customers will love
- Empower creativity and collaboration in cross-functional teams
- Co-create ideas using creative problem solving techniques such as empathy mapping, customer journeys, associational thinking, and building on the ideas of others.
- Prototype your innovative idea as a business-ready concept
- Learn how to use whole-brain thinking —storytelling, imagery, and logical reasoning to communicate your value proposition and get buy-in for your ideas
Cultivate Design Thinking leadership in your team
- Develop the mindsets and skill-sets of designers
- Stimulate diversity of thought and broaden leadership mindsets
- Build capacity for change, disruption and innovation
- Disrupt habitual patterns of thinking and habitual patterns of leadership
- Learn practical tools and techniques you can use on the job
- Equip your team with design thinking methods, including Research, Framing, Ideation, Prototyping, Evaluation and Decision-making for human-centered innovation
- How to integrate design thinking with your business processes and improve your innovation outcomes
- When NOT to use design thinking
Your customers and stakeholders! Design thinking is an effective means of gaining a competitive advantage in your industry and it’s arguably the best way to make you and your business robot-proof.
You may also be interested in these workshops and trainings
- Very useful frameworks with so many potential applications Linda! Thank you
- Really enjoying this webinar – makes me aware of where and how in my work I’ve applied DT tools without knowing about it. Thanks, Linda!
- Excellent webinar…it’s the wave of the future – individual, team, system, organization!
- Thanks for making DT understandable. My previous training on this topic made me anti-DT, but you have inspired me to learn more. Integrating the various design thinking concepts/slides and research info truly helps to orient me.
- I’m with Cleve. Thank you for making design thinking understandable.
- Thank you Linda for a very thought-provoking session. Design thinking is fairly new to me and you have aroused my curiosity to explore it further!
- Linda, this summit is very useful and the concepts immediately applicable. Thank you! Looking forward to learning more and prototyping with clients who want to co-create!
- Cogent, thoughtful, informative, inspiring. Thank you Linda
— AnnMarie, WBECS host
- Excellent usable content.
- Will begin implementing empathy interviews immediately.
- I can now communicate what design thinking is, and how to incorporate it as a strategy.
- I was able to learn new techniques that I can use in my own design thinking sessions.
— Comments from participants at Linda Naiman’s design thinking training sponsored by Marcus Evans